I don’t know what it is about these pancakes…
With every bite comes a replay of memories.
Constant nostalgia is one of the many pros and cons of having a good memory. I tend to remember things either very explicitly or vaguely, no in between.
Now if only I could just remember how to conjugate the l’imparfait…I mean, Français never was my strongest suit…
Clearly staying on topic isn’t either.
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 pure almond extract
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar, cane sugar, or xylitol for sugar-free pancakes (omit all sugar if you don’t like sweet pancakes)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut etc.)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (Optional, if using: reduce milk by the amount of oil)
- As many blueberries as you desire
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, then add wet. Mix, and fold in the blueberries. Cook on low-medium using either a non-stick or oiled pan, flipping each pancake once or twice. Top with organic maple syrup, compote, a vegan butter substitute or personally my favourite: almond butter!
Question of the day: Do you have a good memory?
I have always thought that I had a great memory, but recently it seems that I only remember what I want to remember you know?…Oops?